Sunday, July 20, 2008

One Local Summer - Dinner # 5 (or breakfast or lunch)



Andrea is away for 2 weeks and I am living as a single mother (and let me tell you, it ain't easy - I don't know how other women do it). So, I decided that I was going to do something simple and quick that I don't mind eating five meals in a row. Plus, my friend John came down from North Jersey to watch Michael Lee for 2 days while I was at work, and he just got home from a vacation in Spain, so what better way to welcome him back than with my favorite Spanish dish - Tortilla EspaƱol (aka potato and egg fritatta)!

The eggs & portlet cheese (I know cheese isn't traditional, but I love to throw some on top) were from our CSA, the potatoes & onion were from the Headhouse farmers market (I am terrible at remembering the name of the place I am buying from). The olive oil is Goya. I love making this and I love eating it. Also, I love the picture because I realized after I took it that it looks like Pac-man.

Last but not least, Michael Lee has been enjoying local sweet potatoes this week. Next week it's zucchini. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristin, that sounds delicious... could you send me your recipe for spanish tortilla?
Molly