Sunday, July 27, 2008

One Local Summer - BBQ # 1


So, this weekend I made my local meal without even realizing it.  Michael Lee and I were headed to my aunt's house for some swimming and I volunteered to make potato salad.  I have two young cousins (Hi Gavin! Hi Tommy!) who are allergic to several things so I decided to make 2 types of potato salad:  one with blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing,  and sour cream (no good for kids allergic to dairy, but dang, I like my cheeses!) and one with red wine vinegar and olive oil.  I had a bunch of white fingerling, red skin and blue potatoes that I bought at Robin's  farmer's market down in Newark, DE, and I added some parsley, chives and dill from our backyard.  I am not a fan of dill, but I have to say, it wasn't bad. Oh, and don't forget salt and pepper.  That is always key. 
I was telling Robin about and she said, "oh, so is that your local meal?"  Yes!  I was planning on having a summer veggie meal for dinner the next night, so I didn't even realize that I had done one already.  Not to mention the several meals of leftover Tortilla Español I had.  Local eating just gets easier and easier.  

Finally, Michael Lee has enjoyed both zucchini and yellow squash this week.  This boy loves his vegetables.  It really makes life easy!

No comments: