Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One Local Summer - Dinner # 4

We had the best dinner last night. Andrea ran to the farmer's market on South and Passyunk and brought home blueberries, cherries, peaches, carrots, corn and tomatoes. So, for dinner we had sliced tomatoes with basil from our garden and drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, corn - that was really really good and sweet, and we had carrots and a squash (from another farmers market) that we marinated in garlic, olive oil and rosemary then grilled. It was the perfect summer dinner, nice and light for a really humid day.

Then, today for breakfast I did a repeat of my local breakfast from last week, fried egg w/ bread and butter - all local. (Although this time I included some fake bacon {aka facon} because I had a long hot bike ride into work & I needed the extra energy). Then for lunch I made a tomato sandwich and had a peach and some blueberries & cherries - again - all local & all REALLY good. With lots of delicious tap water. Yum! I swear with all this healthy, local eating and hot sweaty bike rides I will be back down to my pre-pregnancy fighting weight in no time!

Oh, and something ate all of our lettuce. It was just ready to be picked and now it is gone. All gone. I am pretty sad about it.




No comments: