Friday, June 20, 2008

One Local Summer - Lunch #1



So, we didn't do anything big this week.  I just made a salad for lunch.  It had spring mix, swiss cheese & hardboiled eggs from our CSA and carrots from the farmers market @ Headhouse (they were HUGE!). Andrea made the salad dressing - just oil and balsamic vinegar with some herbs from our backyard.  I am not sure which ones, I know rosemary was involved though. And I also know it wasn't a scary poison herb (sometimes they make me nervous, who knows what she is growing out there),  so that's good.  And then I also had an apricot we got from the Headhouse market and had I made more beet, turnip and sweet potato chips, so I took them too.

Sadly, they did not turn out too well.  I think I put to many in the frying pan at once and it lowered the temperature,  so they were soggy.  I tried to heat them up in the toaster oven, but it still didn't work.  They were ok, but not great.  But, now I know better for next time.  They were a decent snack right after they were made though.  And yum! Kenzinger!!
Hopefully next week's meal will be better.  We are hitting the Collingswood farmers market on Saturday. We are pretty excited because we haven't been there since last season.  

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'd like some tips on salad dressings. I tire of my naked salads.